Clan Crest Lennox - courtesy of www.scotclans.com

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

hotwheels/coloring tote



So I was going to make Ricky a hotwheels car caddy tote like the one in this tutorial http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/12/cozy-car-caddy-tutorial.html but then saw that someone had made a coloring tote/car caddy into one and thought that would be perfect for him because he's not entertained by cars for too long nor is he entertained by coloring that long either so combine the two and we should have about 5 minutes of entertainment with it!! J/K he's actually gotten a lot more entertainment out of it than I thought he would!!


The things I used to make it:
a pair of old jeans, a complimentary material, gray felt, yellow felt, crayons, hotwheels, and a small coloring book
I made two out of a pair of Austin's old jeans. The back pocket I put the hotwheels in and the front pocket was for the crayons. I left the top open between the two materials so that he could fit coloring books in it.

First you want to sew the pockets for the crayons which should be about 3/4 inch pockets. Then I added 2 snaps to the back pocket to hold in the cars. Sew down the felt for the road. Sew the two pieces of material together except for the top. Turn right sides out. Stitch along the edge and down the center so it'll fold like a book. And then add a strap to hold it with.




1 comment:

Anna said...

You made some cute stuff!