Our first Monopoly game as a family!! I love Monopoly. When Austin and I were first married we had a game night with 2 other couples in which we played Monopoly. You see, Monopoly is a funny game...it has a way of ripping people a part or bringing them together. The game of Monopoly is not too be taken lightly. As Chad Easley puts it "it's cutthroat baby, it's cutthroat!" In the game with the 2 other couples all us women began losing so then we turned to our men to start bailing us out. One guy refused to help his wife because we had agreed at the beginning to not play couples, the other flopped around on his little strings doing whatever his wife told him, and Austin and I, well we dominated. Cleaned 'em all out!
The definition of Monopoly describes the responsibility we have as parents, Austin and I are an enterprise that has sufficient control over our products (Desi, Ricky, and Vivi) or service(the things we do for our kids) to determine significantly the terms on which other individuals shall have access to it (what we allow our kids to do, say, participate in, learn, etc...)
Our first Monopoly game night was a success with the kids staying up past 10 totally exhausted and not able to finish the game. Desiree and I had gone bankrupt at that point and I took over for Ricky to defeat Daddy!!
Vivi eating the Dice!!

No comments:
Post a Comment