So much of my day is spent being self-absorbed. Thinking about what I can accomplish that day, what needs to get done, how much of it can I get done, if only there were a few more hours to the day and then I stop and look up and there it is a beautiful cloud formation with bright beautiful colors and I realize how small I am. How minute my troubles really are. How I need to just walk through this life worrying about Glorifying God. And this worry of Glorifying my God isn't a bad worry. This worry is a healthy worry that says I am living purposefully to bring Glory to God. All my bad worries are taken from me and I am given an easier yoke, a lighter burden. I worry about Glorifying God and that's it, that's where I can stop and rest in Him.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Awestruck
So much of my day is spent being self-absorbed. Thinking about what I can accomplish that day, what needs to get done, how much of it can I get done, if only there were a few more hours to the day and then I stop and look up and there it is a beautiful cloud formation with bright beautiful colors and I realize how small I am. How minute my troubles really are. How I need to just walk through this life worrying about Glorifying God. And this worry of Glorifying my God isn't a bad worry. This worry is a healthy worry that says I am living purposefully to bring Glory to God. All my bad worries are taken from me and I am given an easier yoke, a lighter burden. I worry about Glorifying God and that's it, that's where I can stop and rest in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment