Clan Crest Lennox - courtesy of www.scotclans.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Life

Well, I thought at the beginning of this blog I should share a little bit about our family.  Both Austin and I are from Santa Rosa, CA.  We grew up in the same church from about the age of 10.  He had a crush on me when I was 13 and I had a crush on him from time to time but it was at the age of 17 when we both noticed each other at the same time.  We dated through our senior year of high school and after our first year of college he joined the Navy.  He proposed to me in Chicago right after bootcamp.  Exactly 6 months later we were married on February 29, 2004.  That's right leap day!!  Which we just celebrated our first real anniversary.  He is such an amazing husband and we have been so blessed with each other.  We continually try to love each other for who we are and appreciate each other's differences.  We moved to Kings Bay, GA after our wedding and lived there for 7 months.  He then went out to sea and my mother-in-law and I drove our stuff across the country and up to Bremerton, WA where we have been stationed ever since.  It has been a beautiful experience.  I went to beauty school and finished up just before we had our first baby, Desiree Rose Lenox.  She was a beautiful 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.  She was born on July 9, 2005.  She has been such a joy in our lives.  We bought a house at the beginning of 2006 which has been a huge blessing.  Homeownership has been a lot of fun but a lot of work also!  Richard Nolan Lenox was brought into this world on January 11, 2007.  He was 6 lbs 15 oz, and 19 3/4 inches long.  He is my chunky monkey and loves taking risks and just being a boy.  Desiree makes a great big sister.  Austin has been on the USS Nebraska for 4 years now.  He has gone out to sea 7 times for about 2-3 months at a time.  It has been quite an adventure.  He has 3 more years left in the Navy which he will be working on getting his RN during the time he has on shore duty. (no more going out to sea!!)  I am sure God has much more plans for us in the years coming up and I just love riding on the rollercoaster of life!

No comments: