Clan Crest Lennox - courtesy of www.scotclans.com

Friday, November 19, 2010

Culture

So I've been thinking more about culture and it's effect on my life. I didn't feel like my thoughts were completed fully last blog. I have been paying attention more to where my thought pattern is affected by culture rather than wanting to glorify God. Yes, are we to be culturally relevant. Was Jesus culturally relevant, Yes, Definitely! He went against the Pharisees and loved people right at their level. Yet I guess he went against their culture also because men didn't talk to women and teachers and preachers of the law didn't associate with sinners. Ha ha what a culture they had, oh wait I think I can recognize the not wanting to hang out with sinners part. I am a sinner, saved by Jesus' shed blood, yet why don't I recognize that everyday. My sinful thoughts want to go to allowing myself to receive the praise (you're so good at what you do, I'm better at this, I'm a "good" Christian, I do this and that for others). What is a "good" Christian anyways. I don't think it really matters. I don't want to be a "good" Christian. I just want to love others the way Jesus modeled for me in the way He lived.

A little bit off topic but I have also been realizing the way things of this world bring me satisfaction. I don't want satisfaction from things I want Jesus to be my satisfaction. I can enjoy the things that have been given me but I should not find my joy from things. True Joy comes from Christ alone and that is what I want to experience on a daily basis. Now how to translate that to a 5 and 3 year old level hhmmmmm.......

No comments: